Thursday, March 10, 2011

Vintage Clothing - What to look for and where!

I came across this lovely article posted by Circa Vintage Clothing and thought I would share it with you.

http://www.gmagazine.com.au/features/2450/how-vintage-fashion

Have a read. It is a great insight into what to look for when searching for vintage clothing.

The resurgence of the 1950s and 60s fashion is also well on its way. This can be seen through cult programs like Mad Men. I have also noticed there is a growing interest in the Pin Up industry in Australia due to increased competitions, interest in Hot Rods, and photographers embracing the 'classic' and 'sexy' image of a woman by reinventing artists' work such as Gil Elvgren and pin up icons of the 20s-60s.

Finally! Here is another way to reach out and tell modern women to embrace their curves and appearance as they are a blessing! No matter what you age, size or appearance you can be a glamourous pin up girl. All it takes is the right dose of charm, sophistication and a little attitude!

2 comments:

  1. You're right, it's a great article and there are some very useful links there too. Oh dear, my poor wallet! The thing is though, I chiefly buy vintage clothing and it's so much cheaper than buying new so I end up saving oodles of money in the long run. The article warns about checking for broken zips, tears etc but I always find they're a bargaining point if I can fix them myself. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! Agreed Desiree. Always nice to have a 'to fix' project! :)

    ReplyDelete