Monday, May 21, 2012

2012 It's All Happening!

In the words of Bette Davis - "Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work"


This is exactly what I've been doing lately. I've been trying new ways of crafting and creating. With trial and error I've found the best ways to do things. Without challenges, it would be boring and I'd lose interest.



Miss Rockabilly is slowly evolving. It is my hobby after all and I do have a full time job but in my spare time it's one of my escapes. I love creating gorgeous little pin up girls on hair clips, resin jewellery and focusing on my other hobby! Sometimes I need to sit down and relax and not try to do everything at once. Last week I said 'today is time for me' and what did I do, cleaned the house until 3pm. Somehow I don't think that was 'time for me'.


I do feel I need a holiday or week off to focus more on other crafty elements I want to try. I have many art pieces in the works because I just love drawing and painting but I never seem to complete them in a hurry. That will be my next focus.


In other news, the Mega Sale was a great hit in March and that was followed up in April with the BrisStyle Indie Twilight Markets. It was a bit of a rainy evening but we were nice and cosy undercover with plenty of shoppers! My table below and Mite Design in the 2nd image. 
Not a week's rest from the BrisStyle markets and I was back in full swing for the Garterbelts and Gasoline Festival on Mount Tamborine over the long weekend in May. This year I thought to give one last pin up comp a go and what a night it was! It is always wonderful to meet such wonderful pinups and support stage staff to make a fantastic night! A couple of pics from the night.
After a big night on stage it was a 6am wake up to do all the pin up hair and makeup once again for the Garterbelts & Gasoline Hot Rod show. Perfect weather and what a crowd! I had such fun and the cars were a delight. But always best to get there early and see the cars before they start heading home around lunch time. My wonderful pin up pal Chi Chi Cheetah and myself at the car show. More pics to come... they are still on the camera!
Thanks to all the lovely fans that stopped by the Miss Rockabilly stall. You will find me next at Cooly Rocks On June 9 & 10 - Coolangatta. Just off Marine Parade. I'm right near the food vendors which may be a bit detrimental to my waistline! Be sure to come say hi from 9am-5pm! 
After Cooly Rocks On there is one more major event Miss Rockabilly will be at in Queensland. Can you guess what it is?

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see a post from you Miss Rockabilly :-). Finding time for craft and indulging in our passion is such a balancing act and then not finding yourself in a creative block when you do have time is certainly a challenge. Look forward to seeing some of your paintings and new creative endeavours. Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caz! Yes creative blocks are horrible! I know I haven't posted much this year. Once again - time :) xx

    ReplyDelete